RECIPE: THE CLASSIC MARGARITA
5 ingredients and 5 simple steps for a Cinco de Mayo classic.
Customize yours by muddling fresh fruits such as strawberries, mangos, watermelon or cucumber. Like it spicy? Begin by muddling 1-3 slices of jalapeños. Add a salted rim or be bold with Tajin seasoning instead.
- 1.5 oz Blanco Tequila
- 3/4 oz Cointreau
- 1.5 oz Fresh lime juice (each whole lime yields 1oz of lime juice)
- 1/2 oz Agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- Rub rim of a cocktail glass with lime and dip into salt.
- Place all other ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake well for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with lime wedge.